Saturday, October 08, 2011

Belgium

I'm writing about my last stop of Euro 2011 a couple of months after the fact. Belgium was a great time. Specifically, my stop in the city of Brugges is what made Belgium. And the first thing to come to mind? Chocolate!!!



Belgian chocolate is delicious. It's melt-in-your-mouth, creamy good. I also found it reasonably cheap too. I really wish I had brought so much more back.

The cityscapes in the two Belgian cities were breathtaking too, especially at night. I'm having a little trouble with my browser here, but I hope to post some of the shots soon.



My single favorite day in Belgium was when I rented a bike from my hostel and took it out to the countryside for the day. It ended up being a THIRTY MILE ride but I got to see windmills, the beaches and quaint little villages and canals along the way. The perfect weather and bright sunny skies made it really enjoyable.Add Image

No comments: