Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Final Thoughts - Europe 2008

It's Tuesday evening. I got home finally at 10p last night.

Thanks to everyone that read and kept up with the blog the last 24 days. I had a great time writing it and had a great time reading everyone's comments and emails. It was nice to hear from home while I was gone.

The trip overall exceeded my expectations, which is great because they were pretty high. The complications were somewhat expected. Anytime you have to juggle as many connections and plan everything by hand...well, it's going to happen. I guess I was fortunate none of them were costly in time or money. Besides, they add to the experience.

Trip favorites...
Country - Slovenia
City - Paris
Single destination - Plitvice NP in Croatia
Biggest disappointment - Trogir, Croatia
Most disappointing - Montenegro (though I still enjoyed it, but it was overhyped)

Other likes: fruit juices in Eastern Europe (blueberry & strawberry), French sweet crepes, gelato, train sleeper cars, French language, sunny/warm weather, hostel friendliness and camaraderie.

Other dislikes: tourist town rudeness (specifically Dubrovnik), Polish Auschwitz hamburgers, 'real' supermarkets, kids on bikes, smoking everywhere (including the airport bathroom yesterday)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Man, I am totally jealous and wish I was there for any one of those days. That includes sleeping on the deck, lol. Perhaps in time I'll have the chance to do these things as well.

God Bless You, buddy and I'm happy to see everything went well, but more importantly you're home.