Monday, May 05, 2008

A Paris heat wave


Seriously! Another 70+ sunny day and the world seemed perfect. No mishaps today...just lots and lots of walking. I bet I covered 8-10 miles on foot. Paris is awesome. I'll list some of the sites I visited at the end of the post, but I think the most impressive thing to me was yet another cathedral. Usually after about two of these they get rather mundane in Europe, but Notre Dame was pretty impressive to me. It's another medieval Gothic stature...this time for the 12th Century. I also saw the spot where the dreaded guillotine chopped so many heads off during the French Revolution.

Speaking of Parisians, they seem to have the desire to just hang onto winter. They supposed dress nice, yeah, pants and jeans...even when it's hot out...that's ok. But what's up with the layering and the sweaters and even the heavy jackets? I've seem so many people dressed for 45 degrees instead of the 75 we're having. It's crazy. I can still imagine them dressed like this when they have one of those rare heat waves. Looks miserable.

Oh yeah...and the contraption from yesterday. I'll post a pic. Would you trust your luggage and valuables to this? It actually takes your luggage underground...somewhere.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Was, going into the Catacombs while your there?

Anonymous said...

This is really great! Almost, but not quite, like being there. Have a great time. I am looking forward to seeing some of your pictures. B.

Anonymous said...

No, I wouldn't trust that luggage storage...but, i see the instructions are in English. that is a plus.

Anonymous said...

Coate in 70 degree weather? Those crazy Parisians!! I'm glad you made it ok, and are having fun... can't wait for the next update!!

Kayce