Thursday, May 08, 2008

Paris out...Poland in


I'm near the airport tonight...coming home? no. I just finished up my last day in Paris this evening and I will be flying to Krakow, Poland in the morning. The last four days has been magic. I think I can favorably say that Paris is my most favorite city in the world I have been to. The food, the museums, the variety of people, the history...I loved it!

Day three (yesterday) was the best day I had had. I bought a museum pass that gets you unlimited visits to almost any attraction in Paris (for a hefty fee, of course), so I was in "hyper" mode all day trying to squeeze as much in as possible. I concluded my day with a climb up the Eiffel Tower at sunset. I only went up halfway...and I walked it (500 vertical feet too). Ain't so bad. Word is that the top is so high that you can't even make out sites any longer. In was beautiful tho watching the City of Lights transfer before my eyes as the sky darkened.

My only concern about the great trip I've had to Paris...will the rest of the trip even come close to matching it? I hope so. We'll start with Krakow in the morning.

The weather: still warming up and still sunny without a cloud. It hit the upper 70s...maybe even 80 today. I actually saw a few of the coats go away. But don't fear, there are plenty of diehards. I saw one kid wearing his hoodie WITH THE HOOD ON this afternoon. Why??? I have no idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing picture!I’m so jealous!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say thanks for sharing your trip. It is great to read your postings every day! Enjoy the rest of your trip, Brandy